s

PHILHARMONIC CONCERT HALL, CONCERT HALL, LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIA

PHILHARMONIC CONCERT HALL, CONCERT HALL, LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIA
Kongresni trg 10
1000 LJUBLJANA
T: +386 1 241 08 00
F: +386 1 241 09 00
E: info@filharmonija.si
W: http://www.filharmonija.si/en/home/

THE PHILHARMONIC CONCERT HALL, LJUBLJANA; There are not many symphonic orchestras on the world wich can be proud on themselves and their intensive and long-standing tradition as the Slovenian Philharmonic orchestra. The geographical significance of the Slovenian country, between the Alps and the Adriatic see, at the crossing-point of Germanic, Romance and Slavic worlds and today European Union, permitted the musical art to follow the musical trends from North and South and from East to West.

 

After the War was won in 1945, the situation changed in the field of music. New cultural institutions necessary for the preservations of a nation's identity appeared, including musical ones.

 

Thus in 1947, the decision was made to found a new Slovene Philharmonic. Among its initiators were the composer Marjan Kozina, the conductor Samo Hubad and the musicologist Vlado Golob. Their initiative was supported by Edvard Kardelj, a leading politician, and the Slovene government, following a proposal on 30th December from the education minister Dr PotrĨ, passed the decision to found a new Slovene Philharmonic, as well as defining its activities with a constitutional paper.

 

The Slovenian Philharmonic had a symphonic orchestra, a mixed choir and youth choir (until 1952), a string quartet (known as the Ljubljana Quartet) and an agency which organised concerts (which became independent in 1952).

The orchestra was made up of musicians from the Radio Ljubljana Symphonic Orchestra and members of the Trieste Philharmonic. The latter came to Ljubljana accompanied by the conductor Jakov Cipci. Both choirs transferred to the new institution from the Radio.


To write reviews please login.